Rates: Book Now.
Rates are shown below, holiday and high demand times may vary from rates shown. We typically accept only full week (Sat.-Sat.) reservations during the summer (June-August) but at times there may be shorter summer stays available. Please inquire about the dates you want. The calendar below may be inaccurate due to syncing issues.
’23 Peak Season (May-October)
’22 Peak Season (May-October)
Sun.- Wed. – $274/night
Thurs. – Sat. – $296/night
’22-23 Off Peak (Nov-April)
Sun.- Wed. – $204/night
Thurs. – Sat. – $219/night
We will be closed for remodeling from November 14, 2022 until April 2023. Please contact us for up to date re-open information.
State and local taxes (5.5%) and fees apply.
Pet fee : $100 first dog, $50 second dog (max two).
Cleaning and linen fee: $200
Weekly and long term stay discounts available. Special events available for less than 50 people upon request. Event fee applies. Polk county license #2020-0694.
How to Book
- Contact us to check availability (sometimes this calendar doesn’t sync properly).
- Call, text or email with desired dates, number in your group, and whether you want to bring a pet.
- Payment of 50% holds reservation. Remaining balance is due three days prior to check in. We currently accept Venmo and checks.
- We will send you a rental agreement to sign.
- Prior to check in we will send you an electronic entry code.
Enhanced Cleaning Practices for COVID-19
- High-touch surfaces cleaned with disinfectant (like countertops, light switches, handles, and faucets etc.)
- All towels and bedding washed in hot water that’s at least 60ºC/140ºF
- Check in and check out with no person-to-person contact
- Cleaned with disinfectant
- Follows industry health association: SafeStay (AHLA – USA)
Guest check in after 4pm. Check out by 11am. You will receive an electronic access code prior to check in. Please notify us in advance if you would like to check in early.
To check out, please close windows and lock all the doors on your way out. No need to contact us unless you would like to say goodbye!
- Please obtain consent to bring dogs.
- Pet fees apply regardless of length of stay. Limit of two dogs.
- Pets must remain on the property at all times.
- Please pick up after your pets.
- Refrain from allowing pets on the furniture.
Guests who cancel at least 30 days before check-in will receive a full refund minus any applicable fees. Guests who cancel between 14 and 30 days before check-in will receive 50% of the amount paid minus applicable fees. No refunds are issued two weeks prior to check in. If Guests must cancel due to extenuating circumstances we will do our best to accommodate the situation. We understand things happen.
Fires, Fireworks, Smoking
- Fireworks are prohibited.
- No smoking or vaping of any kind. If you smoke outside, we ask that you leave no trace.
- No unattended fires, inside or out. Extinguish fires outside by 11pm, per local ordinance. Use the wagon to transport firewood.
- Open the flue on the fireplace inside before starting a fire. Both handles must point to the ceiling.
- Quiet Hours are 11pm – 7am by local ordinance. Please be courteous to the neighbors.
- Please be mindful of conserving water, it helps keep rental costs down because gray water flows into the septic tank and must be pumped out.
- Please notify us promptly if you see the septic tank alarm behind the washer turn from green to red. It means the septic tank is nearly full.
- Please park on the concrete pad in front of the garage.
- Guests may use the garage for recreational equipment storage.
- Please don’t let children play with the window treatment cords, it is potentially dangerous.
- The garbage service does not provide recycling. Guests are encouraged to pack out recycling. A recycling can is in the garage.
- Snow removal occurs Thursdays in the winter or when there is more than six inches of snow.
- Lawn maintenance service occurs weekly in the summer, we will try to provide notice if possible.
- Contact us if any maintenance is required.
- Bone Lake Escape is licensed by Polk County, permit # 2020-0694.
- If you would like to have a special event with more than eight people, please ask. If we can accommodate it, an event fee may apply.
We only request information necessary to provide a stellar get away for you and your guests. Your hosts don’t sell or share your personal information with anyone unless necessary in the event of an emergency or upon your request (arranging boat rental for example). We only use your information to do business with you and provide an outstanding experience. For example, we may use your mobile phone number to text you an electronic access code before you check in. Or we utilize your name and address for a short term rental agreement.
The property has a video doorbell activated by use of the doorbell and by motion. There is also a lakeside security camera outside above the back deck. You can expect privacy in the house, but please do not expect privacy in front of the video doorbell or the back yard camera.